Skip to main content

Humpday Update #13


Trying to up my reader traffic and my follower numbers has me severely in the dumps this week.

I've been looking at other blogs and reading through as many articles as I can to figure out what I'm doing wrong only to find out I'm not wrong. I'm just talking to a small group of people.

This was still enough to really upset me.

These posts and articles were basically telling me that because I don't talk makeup, food, interiors, fashion, and anything else not quite as important to me, people don't care.

I am very adamant on trying to prove this wrong.

I will not sell out to have a popular blog.


I feel as though being there to share my experiences and suggest good practices for living comfortably and happily as a young adult is more important than me chiming in on make-up trends and telling you how to dress or take care of your hair.

I know and follow several beauty and hair bloggers and their following baffles me. They are great at what they do, it's their niche, and it's their voice. But because it's not for me I'm doomed to 5 followers?

Nope.

Not gonna fly.

So I am following some online advice and hosting a giveaway. Check out my blog, read some earlier posts, and if you enjoy my message follow via Bloglovin or email.

Following this blog puts you in the running for my Creativity and Organization Giveaway. Once I reach 50 followers I will choose a winner then run another giveaway for the 100 mark.

Help me make this happen.

I want to keep going.

Popular posts from this blog

Humpday Update #23: "Project Motivation"

2016 Eisner Award Winning "Paper Girls" So what you probably can't tell from my absence is that I've been secretly working on "Project Motivation". I talk a lot about making lists, getting things done, and tackling personal projects; as well as being tired, worn out, and just plain not in the mood. All the while "Project Motivation" has been a go. Christmas was the best time to really put things into action. I got the whole week off from work which was much needed to recharge and focus on things I really wanted to do. I spent time with family, my boyfriend, and my fur babies and recently finally went shopping. Getting mostly things to change my living space up including a new desk and trinkets to draw me back into drawing and designing. I grabbed a graphic novel I've been wanting to start and fun bits and bobs. The major bits of "Project Motivation" have been set into motion or completed. Create a Workspace Create/Upd...

Be Back Soon

I hinted really heavy at this in the last update. Given I also promised a few posts before the next one – but anyway ... In short, my blogger mojo is gone. And in shorter, my life needs me. My interests lately have just moved to other projects and I can't seem to focus on writing good posts with meaningful content when my mind is someplace else. I plan to be back to posting by July 4. See you then.

Humpday Update #9

Does anyone else find it highly annoying when you make plans to be productive and instead spend your time moping and binge-watching Archer? I do. Having a three day weekend for easter was supposed to be functional and full of energy. Instead of sticking to my guns I found myself doing nothing productive. I have a huge project I want to get off the ground and I've hardly started on it. I did clean and rearrange my apartment a bit so the weekend wasn't a complete waste. But here we are on Wednesday, feeling like a Monday, and I have nothing to show. My new plans resolve around unifying this blog. I managed to do at least that starting this past Monday. New layout, and a slow rolling in of more unified imagery for my posts. Trying to sell a discontinued DSLR to get a small body mirrorless for post images and everyday use. But I guess before I start shuttering away I should plan on leaving the comfort of my bed and Netflix more often... Jeez.