Skip to main content

Humpday Update #12



I am learning to take life as it is. Mostly because I've come to understand that certain situations and scenarios will come as they please. You have to go through life with some pep in your step an your head held high.

Since my last update a lot of things were packed into each day both good and bad. The greatest thing being that I turned 24 on Monday! The worst thing being someone hit Victor (my car) and kept going.

Over the course of the last seven days I have noticed how different of a person I am since my last birthday.

I have a drive now that I didn't have before; and with that drive I'm feeling the real joy that comes with finishing a project or taking big steps toward the future. Rather than stressing about what the next day will bring (or how much money it'll bring), I'm excited about the opportunity to start something new.

Nothing is more freeing that taking life one day at a time.

You can't plan for everything and you can't win them all. 

A lesson learned 24 years later.

Don't wait.



Popular posts from this blog

Humpday Update #9

Does anyone else find it highly annoying when you make plans to be productive and instead spend your time moping and binge-watching Archer? I do. Having a three day weekend for easter was supposed to be functional and full of energy. Instead of sticking to my guns I found myself doing nothing productive. I have a huge project I want to get off the ground and I've hardly started on it. I did clean and rearrange my apartment a bit so the weekend wasn't a complete waste. But here we are on Wednesday, feeling like a Monday, and I have nothing to show. My new plans resolve around unifying this blog. I managed to do at least that starting this past Monday. New layout, and a slow rolling in of more unified imagery for my posts. Trying to sell a discontinued DSLR to get a small body mirrorless for post images and everyday use. But I guess before I start shuttering away I should plan on leaving the comfort of my bed and Netflix more often... Jeez.

Be Back Soon

I hinted really heavy at this in the last update. Given I also promised a few posts before the next one – but anyway ... In short, my blogger mojo is gone. And in shorter, my life needs me. My interests lately have just moved to other projects and I can't seem to focus on writing good posts with meaningful content when my mind is someplace else. I plan to be back to posting by July 4. See you then.

Humpday Update #23: "Project Motivation"

2016 Eisner Award Winning "Paper Girls" So what you probably can't tell from my absence is that I've been secretly working on "Project Motivation". I talk a lot about making lists, getting things done, and tackling personal projects; as well as being tired, worn out, and just plain not in the mood. All the while "Project Motivation" has been a go. Christmas was the best time to really put things into action. I got the whole week off from work which was much needed to recharge and focus on things I really wanted to do. I spent time with family, my boyfriend, and my fur babies and recently finally went shopping. Getting mostly things to change my living space up including a new desk and trinkets to draw me back into drawing and designing. I grabbed a graphic novel I've been wanting to start and fun bits and bobs. The major bits of "Project Motivation" have been set into motion or completed. Create a Workspace Create/Upd...