Skip to main content

Case Of The Mondays

Photo Credit: Robin Eisenberg 
I can usually say that I almost never catch a case of the Mondays. But when I do it's usually a little more legitimate than simply being upset that the weekend is over.

I feel as though people who have disdain for what they do in their life wake up on Mondays (or even hit the hay on Sunday) with a nasty, anxious, feeling. I am finally at a point in my life where I like my job, I get enough rest, and I handle my business, therefor there is little to be anxious or upset about.

But, on those Mondays where I do feel down in the dumps (like today), there are ways I try to turn the day around.


  1. Dress comfortably or wear an accessory that I really like. Fun underwear totally counts.
  2. Have a slightly more special than usual breakfast and lunch.
  3. Make a list of tasks to do before the day ends. My mood may make me forget something which will make me feel worse.
  4. Talk to someone with the power to cheer me up. 
  5. Decompress after work. Drink. Shower. Face-mask. Nail-painting. More drinking. 
  6. Forget about the day. The worse you can do is dwell on your negative feelings.

Any of these can be applied to any bad day and can be completely different. Everyone processes a sucky day differently. 

But the bottom line is to not let a less than great day ruin your vibe. Throw back your shoulders, slap on a smile, and beat Monday with a positive attitude. 





Popular posts from this blog

Humpday Update #23: "Project Motivation"

2016 Eisner Award Winning "Paper Girls" So what you probably can't tell from my absence is that I've been secretly working on "Project Motivation". I talk a lot about making lists, getting things done, and tackling personal projects; as well as being tired, worn out, and just plain not in the mood. All the while "Project Motivation" has been a go. Christmas was the best time to really put things into action. I got the whole week off from work which was much needed to recharge and focus on things I really wanted to do. I spent time with family, my boyfriend, and my fur babies and recently finally went shopping. Getting mostly things to change my living space up including a new desk and trinkets to draw me back into drawing and designing. I grabbed a graphic novel I've been wanting to start and fun bits and bobs. The major bits of "Project Motivation" have been set into motion or completed. Create a Workspace Create/Upd...

Be Back Soon

I hinted really heavy at this in the last update. Given I also promised a few posts before the next one – but anyway ... In short, my blogger mojo is gone. And in shorter, my life needs me. My interests lately have just moved to other projects and I can't seem to focus on writing good posts with meaningful content when my mind is someplace else. I plan to be back to posting by July 4. See you then.

Humpday Update #9

Does anyone else find it highly annoying when you make plans to be productive and instead spend your time moping and binge-watching Archer? I do. Having a three day weekend for easter was supposed to be functional and full of energy. Instead of sticking to my guns I found myself doing nothing productive. I have a huge project I want to get off the ground and I've hardly started on it. I did clean and rearrange my apartment a bit so the weekend wasn't a complete waste. But here we are on Wednesday, feeling like a Monday, and I have nothing to show. My new plans resolve around unifying this blog. I managed to do at least that starting this past Monday. New layout, and a slow rolling in of more unified imagery for my posts. Trying to sell a discontinued DSLR to get a small body mirrorless for post images and everyday use. But I guess before I start shuttering away I should plan on leaving the comfort of my bed and Netflix more often... Jeez.