Skip to main content

An Extra Day of Your Life

I heard something interesting at work this morning.

With there being an extra day at the end of this month you have "an extra day of your life".

Pretty cool thought right? It gets better; use this day to do something extraordinary or exciting. Make this day one to not forget, whether you go out to your favorite restaurant and order something crazy, or get out and go someplace you've always wanted to go.

Options can be a little limited this time around because this spare day lands on a Monday. Bummer. But what better way to pump up a soggy old Monday than with amazing plans?

I personally plan on getting my hands on the largest margarita I can find. (because I'm missing out on national margarita day today)

Besides this awesome outlook on a longer month, I wanted to point out how people value (or don't) time. I can say that as I've gone through some of the crappier times in my twenty three years, I've learned that I need to stop wasting my time on other peoples needs and wants.

Most of us don't do enough for ourselves. 

Now, if you're one of those people who gets great fulfillment from helping others *handclaps* you are a sweet angel too precious for this world but not everyone gets that much satisfaction from giving away their time.

Also, that's not even what I mean. I'm talking about the people who do what others tell them or suggest instead of doing it their way, those people who care too much about what other people think and let outside opinions control them, and the poor shmucks who have missed out on great opportunities and experiences because they let some *sshole tell them no.

No is not an acceptable answer.

Don't let anyone keep you from enjoying your time. We're human, it's limited. No one knows how long they'll be around. Whether you chain-smoke or you're vegan; anyone can go tomorrow. 

Popular posts from this blog

Make Space: Carving Out Your Slice of the Universe

Having a place to retreat to or a place to truly call home is one of the most important things in life that many young people overlook. I think that the notion of being free makes us forget what it's like to have a home.

Who do you suppose decided birds are free? They can fly wherever they choose...but if there's no branch for them to return to they might regret having wings, don't you think? Perhaps true freedom is having a home to return to.~Unknown
The moment I realized I wanted to move out I had no second thoughts, I was ready thanks to my mother training me vigorously on how to care for myself and why it's important to break away and become my own person.

Moving out isn't always a necessity in creating your space, though having more than just your room can make it easier. (seriously guys please stop trying to live by your own rules when you not paying for anything) I have seen other apartment spaces and the spaces of people still at home, and while most were j…

2016 Wrap-Up: "Next Year I'll Do Something"

I'm not 100% sure what my resolution(s) for 2016 even was... I'm sure I set one; pretty sure anyway. But then again I don't know when I finally realized that resolutions are pretty stupid. I mean, it's mostly just something no one ever completes right? 
I guess it's just not for everybody. There are those people who can set and reach clear goals of any difficulty. I, unfortunately, am not one of those people. I've learned over this past year that I just sort of need to live "free form". I don't really meet goals or milestones and when I don't I feel like I failed somehow. 
I'd rather feel refreshed and excited by trying something new or completing something old than like I have meet goals to please others or myself. 
Because let's be honest, those resolutions aren't really for you. If they were they'd be personal, not blasted all over social media so we can feel good about others seeing how hard we're trying. Hopefully 2017…

Humpday Update #22

In a nutshell, I'm tired.

And not the you're not getting enough sleep kind or the you're working too hard kind. If anything I'm not working hard enough!

No, this tired is perpetual. Some days are better than others, but all in all I've realized I'm just a "Sleepy" type.

With this realization I came to the conclusion that it's ok to be tried. Young adults get a lot of crap from "certified" adults about being tired. Like we don't work as hard or do as much, therefore our tired to them just sounds like lazy.

Millennials are easily one of the hardest working age groups although it's not necessarily documented/paycheck type of work. We are the kings and queens of side hustles and personal projects. We refuse to work jobs we dislike and usually end up forming fruitful work environments for ourselves and our friends. We're bloggers, artists, podcasters, DJs, photographers, fashion designers and the list goes on.

We work multiple jo…