Skip to main content

An Extra Day of Your Life

I heard something interesting at work this morning.

With there being an extra day at the end of this month you have "an extra day of your life".

Pretty cool thought right? It gets better; use this day to do something extraordinary or exciting. Make this day one to not forget, whether you go out to your favorite restaurant and order something crazy, or get out and go someplace you've always wanted to go.

Options can be a little limited this time around because this spare day lands on a Monday. Bummer. But what better way to pump up a soggy old Monday than with amazing plans?

I personally plan on getting my hands on the largest margarita I can find. (because I'm missing out on national margarita day today)

Besides this awesome outlook on a longer month, I wanted to point out how people value (or don't) time. I can say that as I've gone through some of the crappier times in my twenty three years, I've learned that I need to stop wasting my time on other peoples needs and wants.

Most of us don't do enough for ourselves. 

Now, if you're one of those people who gets great fulfillment from helping others *handclaps* you are a sweet angel too precious for this world but not everyone gets that much satisfaction from giving away their time.

Also, that's not even what I mean. I'm talking about the people who do what others tell them or suggest instead of doing it their way, those people who care too much about what other people think and let outside opinions control them, and the poor shmucks who have missed out on great opportunities and experiences because they let some *sshole tell them no.

No is not an acceptable answer.

Don't let anyone keep you from enjoying your time. We're human, it's limited. No one knows how long they'll be around. Whether you chain-smoke or you're vegan; anyone can go tomorrow. 

Popular posts from this blog

Be Back Soon

I hinted really heavy at this in the last update. Given I also promised a few posts before the next one – but anyway ... In short, my blogger mojo is gone. And in shorter, my life needs me. My interests lately have just moved to other projects and I can't seem to focus on writing good posts with meaningful content when my mind is someplace else. I plan to be back to posting by July 4. See you then.

Humpday Update #9

Does anyone else find it highly annoying when you make plans to be productive and instead spend your time moping and binge-watching Archer? I do. Having a three day weekend for easter was supposed to be functional and full of energy. Instead of sticking to my guns I found myself doing nothing productive. I have a huge project I want to get off the ground and I've hardly started on it. I did clean and rearrange my apartment a bit so the weekend wasn't a complete waste. But here we are on Wednesday, feeling like a Monday, and I have nothing to show. My new plans resolve around unifying this blog. I managed to do at least that starting this past Monday. New layout, and a slow rolling in of more unified imagery for my posts. Trying to sell a discontinued DSLR to get a small body mirrorless for post images and everyday use. But I guess before I start shuttering away I should plan on leaving the comfort of my bed and Netflix more often... Jeez.

Humpday Update #23: "Project Motivation"

2016 Eisner Award Winning "Paper Girls" So what you probably can't tell from my absence is that I've been secretly working on "Project Motivation". I talk a lot about making lists, getting things done, and tackling personal projects; as well as being tired, worn out, and just plain not in the mood. All the while "Project Motivation" has been a go. Christmas was the best time to really put things into action. I got the whole week off from work which was much needed to recharge and focus on things I really wanted to do. I spent time with family, my boyfriend, and my fur babies and recently finally went shopping. Getting mostly things to change my living space up including a new desk and trinkets to draw me back into drawing and designing. I grabbed a graphic novel I've been wanting to start and fun bits and bobs. The major bits of "Project Motivation" have been set into motion or completed. Create a Workspace Create/Upd...