Skip to main content

Humpday Update #16


I actually haven't been up to much in particular. At least, not enough to really explain away my absence for the past week and half. 

In truth, my routine fell apart. I lost all control of my schedule and my health so it took it's toll. Staying up late to game, stressing over work and bills, and somewhat losing the want to create hurt my sleeping patterns which triggered migraines. A chronic ailment I've usually managed to keep under wraps with proper sleep and eating habits. 

Today is the first day I've felt pretty good and can reflect back on what I did manage to accomplish in the past few days.

     

I got to feel old and really proud as I saw two of my younger cousins off to prom and attended one of their graduations from my own Alma Mater. It was a graduation filled with 160 years of tradition with white dresses and a dozen red roses. It was very nostalgic and emotional for me and I'm very proud of both them.


I've also slowly tried to pick up my drawing skills. Keeping paper and pencil with me always and drawing whatever comes to mind. I limit myself by thinking too hard about my art and trying to make a "perfect" thing instead of just creating.

Work has been pretty essential too. I'm a junior designer at a baby decor company and it's your average nine-to-five. I find myself lucky that it's within my field of study and a stepping stone to getting into a broader creative company, but I struggle a little with keeping my head up.

Overall I've just been trying to get back into the swing of things.

I hope I'm not the only one looking forward to the blog picking back up. :)

Till next time!

Popular posts from this blog

Humpday Update #23: "Project Motivation"

2016 Eisner Award Winning "Paper Girls" So what you probably can't tell from my absence is that I've been secretly working on "Project Motivation". I talk a lot about making lists, getting things done, and tackling personal projects; as well as being tired, worn out, and just plain not in the mood. All the while "Project Motivation" has been a go. Christmas was the best time to really put things into action. I got the whole week off from work which was much needed to recharge and focus on things I really wanted to do. I spent time with family, my boyfriend, and my fur babies and recently finally went shopping. Getting mostly things to change my living space up including a new desk and trinkets to draw me back into drawing and designing. I grabbed a graphic novel I've been wanting to start and fun bits and bobs. The major bits of "Project Motivation" have been set into motion or completed. Create a Workspace Create/Upd...

Be Back Soon

I hinted really heavy at this in the last update. Given I also promised a few posts before the next one – but anyway ... In short, my blogger mojo is gone. And in shorter, my life needs me. My interests lately have just moved to other projects and I can't seem to focus on writing good posts with meaningful content when my mind is someplace else. I plan to be back to posting by July 4. See you then.

Humpday Update #9

Does anyone else find it highly annoying when you make plans to be productive and instead spend your time moping and binge-watching Archer? I do. Having a three day weekend for easter was supposed to be functional and full of energy. Instead of sticking to my guns I found myself doing nothing productive. I have a huge project I want to get off the ground and I've hardly started on it. I did clean and rearrange my apartment a bit so the weekend wasn't a complete waste. But here we are on Wednesday, feeling like a Monday, and I have nothing to show. My new plans resolve around unifying this blog. I managed to do at least that starting this past Monday. New layout, and a slow rolling in of more unified imagery for my posts. Trying to sell a discontinued DSLR to get a small body mirrorless for post images and everyday use. But I guess before I start shuttering away I should plan on leaving the comfort of my bed and Netflix more often... Jeez.