Skip to main content

Humpday Update #6 / "These Damn Millennials"




I usually try to cover things that are a bit more personal with these updates, so with that said I think I get to rant at least a little.

There are several things Iv'e noticed about my own generation that both excite and sicken me. There are those of us who can set our minds to amazing feats and through unrelenting willpower and unconventional means, usually get the job done. Then there are a great many who want everything served up to them, cry when they don't get their way and are for the most part are all talk.

At this point in our lives, where all of us are basically adults, we need to stop acting like children and get real about our future.

It's already messed up as it is with previous generations going about things the way we are now. They "didn't think it would happen" or "ignored the signs" and now we're faced with things like;

  • no social security for ANYONE in our generation
  • a planet that's killing itself 
  • pay that is way off from cost of living
  • failed education system

This is only to name a few. I could go on and on and on and on and on and on...

My point ladies and gentleman; don't bother rallying behind Bernie and all of these activists if you don't plan on getting off your asses to vote. 

Every news story I see mocks our generation for one thing or another but more recently it has been how we are all hype and no action so far in this election. There is no excuse. 

You need to get off your butt.
You need to register to vote.
You need to vote.

Tattoo it to your forehead if you have to. 

Did you know that if you won't be able to get out of work or school to vote you can have a ballot mailed to you? See? There are no excuses.

Go HERE and register. Put THESE dates in your calendar.

At this point in our lives everything that happens to us is our own fault. Might as well start doing something about it. 


Popular posts from this blog

Be Back Soon

I hinted really heavy at this in the last update. Given I also promised a few posts before the next one – but anyway ... In short, my blogger mojo is gone. And in shorter, my life needs me. My interests lately have just moved to other projects and I can't seem to focus on writing good posts with meaningful content when my mind is someplace else. I plan to be back to posting by July 4. See you then.

Humpday Update #9

Does anyone else find it highly annoying when you make plans to be productive and instead spend your time moping and binge-watching Archer? I do. Having a three day weekend for easter was supposed to be functional and full of energy. Instead of sticking to my guns I found myself doing nothing productive. I have a huge project I want to get off the ground and I've hardly started on it. I did clean and rearrange my apartment a bit so the weekend wasn't a complete waste. But here we are on Wednesday, feeling like a Monday, and I have nothing to show. My new plans resolve around unifying this blog. I managed to do at least that starting this past Monday. New layout, and a slow rolling in of more unified imagery for my posts. Trying to sell a discontinued DSLR to get a small body mirrorless for post images and everyday use. But I guess before I start shuttering away I should plan on leaving the comfort of my bed and Netflix more often... Jeez.

Humpday Update #11

Happy Humpday! Halfway through another week and powering through it. Lot's of interesting projects and posts keeping me busy and energized while I await my 24th. Five days until my birthday people and I have no clue what to do with myself.  p.s. mail me awesome/funny stickers for my birthday if you love me. email for my address. A big part of my last week has been facing change. But all good things change and only boring things stay the same as far as I'm concerned. So I've been handling it all with the grace and dignity a nerd like myself can muster. My creative spark is back. I haven't felt so ready to dive into projects for a long time and I owe it to my high level of courage and confidence that came with putting myself out there with this blog. Getting to share my thoughts and ideas has allowed me to want to share more thoughts and ideas than ever! I am still working on my YouTube channel (for the nerdier side of my life), issue #1 of my zine "Al...