Skip to main content

Humpday Update #23: "Project Motivation"


2016 Eisner Award Winning "Paper Girls"

So what you probably can't tell from my absence is that I've been secretly working on "Project Motivation". I talk a lot about making lists, getting things done, and tackling personal projects; as well as being tired, worn out, and just plain not in the mood. All the while "Project Motivation" has been a go.

Christmas was the best time to really put things into action. I got the whole week off from work which was much needed to recharge and focus on things I really wanted to do.

I spent time with family, my boyfriend, and my fur babies and recently finally went shopping. Getting mostly things to change my living space up including a new desk and trinkets to draw me back into drawing and designing. I grabbed a graphic novel I've been wanting to start and fun bits and bobs.

The major bits of "Project Motivation" have been set into motion or completed.

  • Create a Workspace
  • Create/Update a Website/Portfolio
  • Start Writing Again
My new website can be found in the "Design" link at the top of the blog or here; and I'm taking on new projects *wink wink*.  My new workspace is cozy and clean and I just want to sit there all the time now. As for the writing i've picked up my writing on every front; here on the blog, my fan-fiction, and occasionally in a journal or two since I'm a bit of a paper junkie.  I've taken a bit of a break from my podcast as I try to wrap my head around what direction it's heading in. But I'm happy with where it's suspended in space...

I see quite a few posts coming in the future as I try to keep this motivation train on the tracks!

Thanks for reading! 

Popular posts from this blog

Be Back Soon

I hinted really heavy at this in the last update. Given I also promised a few posts before the next one – but anyway ... In short, my blogger mojo is gone. And in shorter, my life needs me. My interests lately have just moved to other projects and I can't seem to focus on writing good posts with meaningful content when my mind is someplace else. I plan to be back to posting by July 4. See you then.

Humpday Update #6 / "These Damn Millennials"

I usually try to cover things that are a bit more personal with these updates, so with that said I think I get to rant at least a little. There are several things Iv'e noticed about my own generation that both excite and sicken me. There are those of us who can set our minds to amazing feats and through unrelenting willpower and unconventional means, usually get the job done. Then there are a great many who want everything served up to them, cry when they don't get their way and are for the most part are all talk. At this point in our lives, where all of us are basically adults, we need to stop acting like children and get real about our future. It's already messed up as it is with previous generations going about things the way we are now. They "didn't think it would happen" or "ignored the signs" and now we're faced with things like; no social security for ANYONE in our generation a planet that's killing itself  pay that is ...

Humpday Update #9

Does anyone else find it highly annoying when you make plans to be productive and instead spend your time moping and binge-watching Archer? I do. Having a three day weekend for easter was supposed to be functional and full of energy. Instead of sticking to my guns I found myself doing nothing productive. I have a huge project I want to get off the ground and I've hardly started on it. I did clean and rearrange my apartment a bit so the weekend wasn't a complete waste. But here we are on Wednesday, feeling like a Monday, and I have nothing to show. My new plans resolve around unifying this blog. I managed to do at least that starting this past Monday. New layout, and a slow rolling in of more unified imagery for my posts. Trying to sell a discontinued DSLR to get a small body mirrorless for post images and everyday use. But I guess before I start shuttering away I should plan on leaving the comfort of my bed and Netflix more often... Jeez.